The NN foundation supports several initiatives worldwide to people in need:
• With the charity fund Together for Society, Nationale-Nederlanden has supported 18 local coronavirus related relief actions that are initiated by employees.
• NN Czech Republic donated a substantial amount to its partner organisation ‘yourchance’ to support them in developing materials for home schooling, dealing with loss of income, and directly helping with teaching in orphanages.
• NN Hellas (Greece) in collaboration with JA Greece, offers to 500 more students from all over Greece home access to the digital programme ‘My career’. At the same time, NN Hellas will donate tablets to those who declare participation to the programme, helping to cover their needs in technological equipment.
• Nationale-Nederlanden donated a substantial amount to Voedselbanken Nederland, the association of Dutch food banks, in order to help the food supply to continue.
• Nationale-Nederlanden Spain donated a substantial amount to Aldeas Infantiles SOS to support their efforts in helping 201 children who attend their daycare centres in Madrid and their families for 10 days. Educators help the families by monitoring schoolwork and suggesting activities during the lockdown, monitoring family dynamics and providing psychological aid, healthcare and food. Aldeas Infantiles also opened a special donation page for employees and customers to support Aldeas Infantiles SOS.
Click here for more information